Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chapter 2



The Fyre Chronicles

Chapter 2


My head felt like it was burning; the flames were all I could see. It felt very hot, but I wasn’t getting hurt. Then the flames went away from my eyes, now lying as a sort of hair across my head. Now being able to see, I couldn’t see a thing. All was dark except the light streaming from my head. It felt like there was a floor, I wasn’t falling or anything. Getting on my feet I looked around. What the hell was happening? Where was I? I carefully tried to touch the flames on my head. My hand too just felt warm, not burned.

This whole plane was completely dark, not a light anywhere. I carefully took a step forward. But as soon as my foot hit the ground in font of me, it was like a huge explosion happened right in front of me, knocking me to the ground. The huge fireball raged for a bit, and then shrunk to a concentrated ball of red light. For a moment all I could do was look at it. Then I felt the enormous stream of energy surging from it. Energy as I had never felt before, of knowledge, of power, of will and of passion.



Then I heard a voice. Not as sound, not as a though, more like both at once. “You are the one who shall save the way of the Fyre. You shall combat the Yce. The Fyre is yours to control.” With this the red ball seemed to get smaller, or I was just pulled further away. And then the fire, or was it Fyre, filled my vision again, and all I could see and hear was the roar of it.

_____

Original post: http://www.fyreball.com/d/AAADGj

No comments: